Currently reading about whats RESTful services, and whats the difference between it and SOAP.
Watching some videos, reading some pages from OReilly RESTful webservices .
Also learning whats ADO.Net data services about and how much it can help me in my projects.
Reading in PHP and MYSQL Web Developement 4th Edition
Now in chapter 6 Object-Oriented PHP, finished the previous chapter in nearly no time, a hour or 2 max, previous chapters was interesting talking about base (variable, functions, strings, …) very easy and interesting stuff.
Why i am reading about this langauge while i am a .Net developer?
For many reasons,
– Curiosity to know about this langauge, as i see many websites done with it, and nearly 70% from free stuff on web is using PHP.
– Want to know more than one language because this will give me a lot of options while working and also will make learn things faster. "i remember i learned delegates and events from Java language first them applied on .Net".
– Just started and found my self can’t stop 🙂 "may be this is the main reason ;)".
SimilarSites, A new service to get similar sites for a website you want.
Also you can make a site suggestion.
Google anounced today on their blog that they introduce to developers an enterly tool, google developer were using on google websites to test its speed.
From the first look we can say its a tool the same as YSlow from Yahoo.
More details about the tool there:
And Download here
- ADO.NET Entity Framework, Microsoft’s ORM (released with .NET 3.5 SP1)
- Base One Foundation Component Library, free or commercial
- BCSEi ORM Code Generator, free or commercial
- Business Logic Toolkit for .NET, open source
- Castle ActiveRecord, ActiveRecord for .NET, open source
- DataObjects.Net v4.0, open source, commercial
- DevForce, commercial, N-Tier
- Developer Express, eXpress Persistent Objects (XPO)
- EntitySpaces, commercial
- Euss, open source
- Habanero, Free open source
- iBATIS, Free open source
- Invist,free ORM and code generation tool
- LLBLGen, open source drivers, commercial
- LightSpeed, free or commercial
- Neo, open source
- NConstruct, commercial
- NHibernate, open source
- Opf3, free and commercial
- ObjectMapper .NET, GPL and commercial license
- OpenAccess, free or commercial
- TierDeveloper, free ORM and code generation tool
- Persistor.NET, free or commercial
- Quick Objects, free or commercial
- Sooda, open source; BSD license
- Subsonic, open source
- Orasis, free trial or buy.
- Telerik, express or buy.
- CSLA.NET, free.
- ECO, free or commercial
- nhydrate, open source
- .netTiers, open source
- dapper-dot-net, open source
- codesmithtools plinqo, open source
No one can deny that Stack Overflow become now the biggest programming Q&A website.
Also you can consider Stack Overflow as a wiki, blog, forum and digg/reddit in the same place.
Without entering the subject of why its too famous like this or how it grew too fast like this and our main point about jobs.
We need to talk first about some small facts: “in the time of sending this post”
– Very easy user interface and very logical navigation model.
– Interesting voting-badges-points system.
– More than 66,700 user “developer”.
– Over 3.7 million unique visitors a month.
– Over 180,000 active questions, with millions of answers, comments and votes.
– Also you can ask and get very fast answers, find interesting, challenge questions, programming top news, tools, issue, …..
After all of that i think Stack overflow is one of the best places for developers looking for a new job or companies looking for good developers.
Using Stack overflow, you can filter developers by tags, questions and answers and see in deep details about the developer you want to hire.
You can see the developer real technical level, by monitoring his answers, how good it is, how much he like to help others, what about questions he ask, and what are the parts he is proficient and which he is not very well.
“For example, I’ve always hated traditional resumes, which just don’t give the right kind of information about a candidate. If you wanted to hire an iPhone developer, would you rather know that person’s Stack Overflow stats in the iPhone tag and read their answers to technical questions? Or would you rather know where they went to college?”
- Companies can check users page and sort users by reputation, newest, oldest or name.
- Also can go to tags page and filter questions by tags you are looking for.
- Or you can take a look at all questions and see how things are going
- And finally can go to the user profile page and check questions he asked, answered, added to his favorites list or voted.
- And as i just got from Stack overflow team, that they are building something to contact the developer directly, and will launch after 6-8 weeks, but i have no more details about how this will look like.
You can practice on real life problems others face, problems which others face while working in their companies, personal project or while learning new stuff.
That means that using Stack overflow you can connect very easy with all developers all over the world very easy and see what they see day by day.
- Ask a question
- Answer a question
- Read and follow others questions
– Check daily jobs
- Or check all jobs on jobs.stackoverflow.com.
- Get Stack overflow user flair on your website or resume
If you are not a developer and you are system administrator or IT professional you can check http://serverfault.com/